      From: Society of Herbarium Curators <societyherbariumcurators@...>
      Subject: Call for Student Herbarium Research Grant Proposals
      Date: November 17, 2017 at 11:33:44 AM GMT-5

      SHC Student Research Grants Announcement

      Dear Alina ,

      The Society of Herbarium Curators (SHC) is pleased to announce a call for applications for Student Research Grants. Grants are made to support research that contributes to or uses herbarium resources in ways that augment the collections.

      Graduate students and undergraduates are all eligible to apply. Students and their research advisor must be members of SHC at the time of application to be eligible. Up to three grants are awarded each year: Two at $500 and one reserved for undergraduate students at $250.

      The deadline for applications is February 1, 2018. Please visit our website to view the complete application guidelines and to download the application form. A letter of recommendation from the research advisor is required. You can also renew your membership or become a new member on our website.

      Questions? Please contact the Chair of the Grants Committee, Kathy Mathews.

      Sincerely,
      Kathy
      Katherine Mathews, Ph.D.
      Associate Professor & Director of the WCU Herbarium
      Department of Biology
      Western Carolina University
      Cullowhee, NC 28723

      Gray
      The Society of Herbarium Curators is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission is promote and expand the role of herbaria in botanical research, teaching, and service.
      www.herbariumcurators.org

      STAY CONNECTED:
      Like us on Facebook
      Follow us on Twitter

      Society of Herbarium Curators, Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden Herbarium,Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden, 1500 North College Ave., Claremont, CA 91711-3157
      Sent by societyherbariumcurators@... in collaboration with
      Constant Contact